Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Stool and how it became "Her Perch"

 In past posts I have shared that I have painted several floors in my old house to add a touch of character and "one-of-a-kind-ness".  This floor is one that I did in my dressing room (and temporary studio).  I began to refer to my house as 'my nest' after I did this one.  When I started to plan for the Waldorf show this year I thought that I should have a stool to sit on.  I remembered that I had an oak stool in my basement so I dragged it outside, gave it a good brush off and base layer of white.  I brought it up to my "studio" and set it on this painted floor.  Lightbulb moment.  The Stool became my perch.  Thus:  "Her Perch".  Although I had no plan to sell it at the show,  I could have sold it at least 10 times.  Someone even gave me an idea to paint little ones for children and that is in the works.  I have already purchased 3 unfinished mini stools.

I decided to part with this stool and thought the perfect way to do this was to enter it as a donation into the juried Stonewall Art Auction for Spring 2014.  The event is coming up in a few weeks.







No comments:

Post a Comment