Friday, March 28, 2014

Experimenting with Crackle Paint - 2014


There is something about crackled paint that I am attracted to.  I wanted to experiment with it on some of my paintings.  I used two types of crackle paint in this 24"x 36" acrylic on canvas.  On the turquoise door I used a white crackle paste that I mixed with color and then spread on the canvas with a palette knife.  The crackle on the large pot is a clear crackle paint that I painted over the color once it was dry.  As the crackle dries, it cracks and you can add a layer of paint to land in the cracks.  The following is a large painting where I used both techniques.

 The crackle below is the crackle I applied after the painted pot was dry.
 The paint on the door is the crackle paste. I mixed it with color and spread it on with a palette knife.
 Another close-up of the pot:

No comments:

Post a Comment