Sunday, May 17, 2009

An Introduction...


Jackson, Vt 1988



Welcome.

For years I have been inspired by blogs that I have stumbled across while researching all sorts of subject matters. There are so many lovely people out there who have so openly and honestly shared their lives to anyone who happens upon them.

For me, I thought this would be a good way to rekindle my love for painting. Over the years and for many reasons, I have allowed large blocks of time (decades) pass while ignoring my need to self express through painting. "Are you still painting?" Well.... "Not like I used to." is often the response.

My first few posts will show paintings from the early years... junior high school, (Fitchburg, Mass.) boarding school (St. Louis, Missouri), and college (Elsah, Illinois) 1975 - 1985 for personal documentation and for my children. The watercolors from 1988 represent the summer I spent devoted solely to painting.

It's time to close the gap... and find again the reason that I love to look at the ocean, study shadows, fabric folds, flower gardens and facial expressions. Who knows what I might find and maybe you too will be inspired to pick up your brushes again.

Tina


1 comment:

  1. What an excellent way to document your art & the memories that go with them :)

    ReplyDelete